02 August 2021, 13:57
International cruising returns with Saga Cruises following a summer of round-Britain itineraries
Later this year, Saga Cruises will return to international destinations following the news that restrictions are lifting.
On October 5, ‘Spirit of Adventure’ will depart on a five-day cruise, ‘Taste of the Continent’, taking in Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Zeebrugge. All cabins feature a balcony and prices start from £1,156 per person. For more details see: saga.co.uk/taste-continent
On October 24, a bumper 22-night trip departs on ‘Spirit of Discovery’ around the Adriatic for a ‘Treasures of the Croatian Coast’ cruise, which will uncover picturesque Hvar, UNESCO-listed Split, Venice, Valetta’s Grand Harbour, the fjord-like entrance to Kotor and across the sheltered harbour of Minorca. All cabins feature a balcony and prices start from £6,299 per person. For more information, visit saga.co.uk/Croatia-treasures
These follow a summer of new round-Britain cruises currently available with up to 35% off that are expected to sell incredibly quickly, given the unprecedented demand so far.
These include ‘Spirit of Adventure’ departing on August 10 for six-nights from £1,112 (with the discount) per person, stopping first in Portsmouth, followed by cruising around Falmouth and a stop in the Isles of Scilly, with an included excursion to Tresco Abbey Garden before heading to Portland on the UNESCO-listed Jurassic Coast, home to the natural wonders of Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove and Kimmeridge Bay. For more information, see: saga.co.uk/westward.
On August 16, ‘Spirit of Adventure’ departs around Britain’s Western Wonders on a seven-night cruise visiting the Isle of Anglesey and the Pembrokeshire National Park with visits to Holyhead and Fishguard, followed by a stop and excursion in Liverpool, before heading to Falmouth in Cornwall. Prices start from £1,386 per person with the discount and more information can be found at saga.co.uk/western-wonders.
The Scottish Highlands and Islands will be visited by both Spirit of Discovery and Spirit of Adventure on three separate cruises departing August 15, 23 and 27, 2021. The itinerary will take in the fishing town of Scrabster, close to the famous village of John O’Groats, Lerwick, the main town and port on the Shetland Islands and Invergordon, the gateway to the wild scenery of the Highlands, Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness. All cabins have a balcony to enjoy the stunning views.
- Prices start from £1,106 per person (with the discount) on the Spirit of Discovery cruise departing August 15. Book online at saga.co.uk/highlands-1.
- Prices start from £1,199 per person (with the discount) on Spirit of Adventure departing August 23. Book online at saga.co.uk/highlands-2.
- Prices start from £1,113 per person (with the discount) on Spirit of Discovery departing August 27. Book online at saga.co.uk/highlands-3.
A stunning new six-night cruise around Wales and the West Country on Spirit of Discovery, departs on August 21 along England’s south coast, stopping to explore the maritime heritage of Portsmouth and to visit the Cornish town of Falmouth, before continuing to the Isles of Scilly and on to Fishguard, set within the heart of the Pembrokeshire National Park. Prices with the 35% discount, start from £1,109 per person. For more information, visit saga.co.uk/wales-westcountry.
As a gesture of thanks for their loyalty, guests whose Saga Cruises had been cancelled due to Covid were proactively offered the option to rebook on to other cruises prior to them going on general sale.
Spirit of Adventure and Spirit of Discovery are both small by today’s ship standards, hosting a maximum of 999 guests each. They have a modern, contemporary look and feel and offer guests the choice of five restaurants, bars and entertainment facilities including the signature Britannia lounge with a dance floor and live entertainment, theatre, salon and sports amenities. Outdoor facilities include an observation deck, impressive wraparound promenade and terrace, pool, games area, sports court and deck games.
All cruises include a choice of complementary UK travel to and from the port including a private door-to-door chauffeur service up to 250 miles each way, car parking near the port, domestic flights or standard class rail or coach travel.
There are no hidden costs on-board either. Saga Cruises come with all dining and house drinks including a selection of wines with lunch and dinner, Wi-Fi, on-board gratuities, fitness facilities, 24-hour room service, sightseeing tours in selected ports, entertainment (from lectures to recitals), porterage of luggage, shuttle buses to nearest town centres and travel insurance with up to £5m coronavirus cover included. All of this backed up by the Saga Cruise Promise - in the event that a cruise price is reduced guests will be the given the value of the difference back.
And as guests would expect from Saga Cruises, a company with the Lloyd’s Register Shield+ accreditation for health and hygiene, health and well-being is at the forefront of the planning for the resumption of services. Saga is asking all guests to have had both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine prior to boarding the ships and the company’s dedicated health and safety team are ensuring rigorous standards are set and adhered to on board.
Photography of the ships and a selection of round Britain destinations can be found on Saga's Newsroom.
Notes to editors
Notes to editors:
- All prices include travel insurance (coronavirus cover included) and cancellation cover, or a reduction if they are not required
- Terms and conditions apply. Please check saga.co.uk/cruise for details
- All cruises subject to availability and pricing correct at time of issue
- **Spirit of Discovery has 10 passenger decks and can carry up to 999 passengers. It has 554 all-balcony cabins including 109 single balcony cabins, five global restaurants including The Grand Dining Room, The Grill, Coast to Coast (seafood speciality), East to West and The Club by Jools (steakhouse). The Living Room also offers coffee, snacks and a full bar service and South Cape Bar is the ship’s main bar. Outdoor facilities include an observation deck, full wraparound promenade and terrace, pool, games area, sports court and deck games. Entertainment and wellbeing facilities include The Playhouse (a 444-seat theatre with raked seating, home to Saga Cruise’s resident performance company), the signature Britannia Lounge with a dance floor and live entertainment, The Library with café, craft and card rooms, The Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam and treatment rooms, The Salon, a gym, shop and medical centre.
- ***Spirit of Adventure has 10 passenger decks and can carry up to 999 passengers. It has 554 all-balcony cabins including 109 single balcony cabins. Restaurants include the Dining Room main restaurant, The Grill, Amalfi (Italian speciality), Khukuri House (Nepalese speciality), The Supper Club, (steakhouse and live entertainment venue). The Living Room offers coffee, snacks and full bar service and the North Cape Bar is the ship’s main bar. Outdoor facilities include an observation deck, full wraparound promenade and terrace, outdoor pool, games area, sports court and deck games. Entertainment and wellbeing facilities include The Playhouse (a 444-seat theatre with raked seating, home to Saga Cruise’s resident performance company), the signature Britannia Lounge with a dance floor and live entertainment, The Library with café, craft and card rooms, The Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam and treatment rooms, The Salon, gym, a shop and medical centre.
Spirit of Adventure - external - Portsmouth International Port (naming ceremony)Download